V2VIP™ Unified Communications (V2VUC) enables small-to-medium businesses, organizations and enterprises to use a Business-class Communication in the Cloud solution. Give everyone in your business – remote, global or home-based workers – the same powerful unified communications tools by enrolling in a service in the cloud – Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS).
Wind Currents Communications’ V2VUC platform is a collection of unified Communications elements and features described below.
Click on a topic for more info.
- Unified Communications—(UC) to combine PBX services with Auto-attendant and WebRTC collaboration features like mobile apps, video, conferencing, chat, file sharing, presence, and a web portal into a single solution
- Voice—Essential enterprise telephony (ET) features including a in-the-cloud PBX, Auto-attendant, voice mail, Caller ID, Call transfer, Call forwarding, Call park, Music-on-hold, Do Not Disturb, schedule routing with time spans and much more.
- V2VUC Portal—a self-managed user portal which combines account management and communication services. All company account settings (i.e. adding new users, managing PBX functions / auto-attendant, etc) are managed by the Admin user; there are limited functions available to all users (i.e. avatar, status, presence, voicemail, greetings, answering rules).account management and provisioning Portal.
From the V2VUC portal it’s possible to call other users as well as phone numbers from other networks (mobile or landline). User to user calls are referred to as Onnet and are Free, both in the portal and mobile apps. Calls to numbers on other external networks are referred to as Offnet and are Paid.
- Video—Calls are for OnNet calls (between V2VIP users) only. When using our mobile apps or V2VUC portal, calls made between users are fully encrypted using DTLS/SRTP. The portal and the apps use the ICE mechanism (peer-to-peer mode) for establishing media path so the media (audio and video) are sent directly between users.
- Group Web Video Conferencing—Create a Channel (group) with multiple participants to do a multi-site video call.
- Click-to-call—feature enables communication directly from a web browser simply by clicking a link. It’s not necessary to sign in or download any additional software as the entire app is based on technology supported by browsers. There is no limit to the number of Click-to-Call links for a company account and benefit from HD audio, video and Instant messaging.
- Audio Conferencing—Use the Channels audio bridge to enable members and invited guests to have a group conversation.
- Chats—Instant messages exchanged among users are referred to as chats. Group chats can be sent to multiple recipients and include all the same features as a single chat. Features include: offline history, delivery and read confirmation, typing notification, attachments, video, audio, file, geo location, reply, forward, star.
Messages sent to Offnet numbers are referred to as SMS and can be sent from contacts or entered in the dialpad.
- Channels—Channels are collaboration tools. They group people together that work on a given project – channel members. A channel member can be: Company user or Guest user – person invited by email (non-company guest user). Members are selected when creating a new channel or can be added to an existing channel.
- Presence—Provides other users’ status as well as shares your current availability and a short status note. Status can be set as: Available, Busy or Away. Status text is a short note which will be displayed next to the avatar in the Company directory panel view.
- Mobility with iV2VIP™ (iOS) and aV2VIP™ (Android) apps
- File sharing—During a chat or call it’s possible to share a file in the following formats: Office doc, Excel sheets, PDF, Zip file, Bitmap, MP4, MP3
- Directory services
- Multiple devices like an IP phone, videophone or video softphones on smartphones or tablets