Video softphone apps combined with smartphones, tablets and iPads and/or web browser video communication (WebRTC) continue to be a vital part of telehealth and telemedicine service solutions. Video visits deliver HIPAA-secure real-time, two-way face-to-face video communication between and among healthcare professionals, patients, families, caregivers, or clinical trial participants.
The V2VIP™ TeleMed Bundle is a One-Click video call solution. Simply download the app to your Android or iOS device. In the self-managed V2VUC User Portal create a link (Click-to-Call) which you then email to your client, they simply click on the link to start a video call. Each User account has an unlimited number of clients that can use the Click-to-Call link. (See below How it Works)
Wind Currents developed the V2VIP™ TeleMed Bundle—combining our HIPAA-secure V2VIP™ service, (128-bit SRTP / DTLS encryption and ICE framework for peer-to-peer video calls) with an aV2VIP™ or iV2VIP™ Video Softphone App (Free) and WebRTC enabled User Portal—to form a cost-effective and dynamic duo that provides social, psychological, and fiscal benefits with every call. Benefit from chat and file sharing. Annual: $249.99 or Monthly: $24.99; (Minimum three (3) User accounts)
The HIPAA-secure solution features:
- Unlimited, worldwide peer-to-peer SRTP-encrypted voice and video calls to other V2VIP™ users
- One click calling for your clients; email a link for them to click on to start a video call.
- Instant messaging (chat); can also be used during a video call.
- HD-quality, full-motion video and crisp audio over any broadband Internet (cable modem, DSL, LAN, WiFi) or 3G connection
- File sharing
- Unlimited, worldwide text messaging to other V2VIP™ subscribers
How V2VIP™ is HIPAA-secure
- Does not require or share PHI
- Does not store calls or ePHI on servers
- Peer-to-Peer video calls
- DTLS / SRTP 128-bit Encryption
- Password-protected accounts
- Accounts and calls auditing
- Tech support
How it Works
V2VIP™ technology is designed with the patient in mind—an easy-to-use, voice-and-video service—for a consistent user-friendly experience. All your client needs to do is click a link you email to them. There’s no charge and no limit; share the same link with as many clients as you want!
The aV2VIP™ and iV2VIP™ Video Softphone apps require software download; after installation is completed tap the icon to open the app. To register the device, input your email address or User Name and Password (provided by WCCI) via the Android device or iPhone / iPad softphone’s keypad.
Making “Video Visits” Easy
To create the Click-to-Call link, login to the V2VUC User Portal; in the upper left corner scroll over the icon and go to My profile. At the bottom of the page click on Click 2 call; enter the required info, check the Video call and Chat boxes then Save. Email this link to your client / patient.
The Click-to-Call video call must be started by the client by clicking on the camera icon in the link. To receive video calls you must be logged in to the app on your device or logged onto your V2VUC User portal.
Note: the Click-to-Call user cannot receive calls.
To call a colleague or client that is a V2VIP™ subscriber choose a contact from Contacts list and then select the video icon.
Within seconds after the call is answered, you’re participating in cost-efficient, high-quality, real-time, two-way videoconferencing.
Note: the phone icon is for audio calls; the balloon icon is for SMS chat.
To enlarge the picture of the V2VIP™ Video Softphone on the computer screen, simply click on the X in the video window.
Who uses video softphone apps?
- Speech Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Homecare Therapists
- Case Managers
- Clinical trial study participants
- Pastoral Caregivers
Organizations that Use Video softphones
- Behavioral Health Providers
- VA Medical Centers / Clinics
- Correctional Facilities
- Home Health Agenci es
- State Public Health Depts.
- Federal Health Agencies
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Broadband connection — DSL, cable modem, LAN, WiFi or 3G
- Minimum 128Kbps upload speed
- V2VIP™ Basic Calling Plan
- V2VIP™, iV2VIP™, aV2VIP™ video softphones, GXV-3140 videophone
- Credit or debit card with a US billing and shipping address
V2VIP™ TeleMed Bundle plan and aV2VIP™ and iV2VIP™ Video Softphones do NOT support E911 or 911 calling. Do NOT use this
Service or Products in case of emergency; calls are not routed over the PSTN to any Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) or operators.
WCCI reserves the right to immediately disconnect or modify Service if determined, in our sole and absolute discretion, that use of the Service or Device is, or at any time was inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions.
Calling Plan charges do not include State, Local taxes, Regulatory Recovery fees, shipping and handling or any other applicable charges.
A $29.99 Activation Fee will be charged for each V2VIP™ TeleMed Bundle.